Enrollment statistics at a glance
During fall 2013, Minnesota postsecondary institutions enrolled 282,674 undergraduates.
- Undergraduate enrollments at four-year institutions have remained stable, but not at public colleges and private career schools.
- Women comprised the majority of undergraduates across all race/ethnicity groups.
- Students age 25 and older were more likely to enroll part time than students age 24 and younger. Undergraduates age 24 and younger were more likely to enroll full time. See age data.
- Most undergraduates enrolled at four-year institutions attend full time.
- Majority undergraduates attending Minnesota postsecondary institutions were Minnesota residents.
Note: Undergraduate data in this section does not include 28,203 high school students who were concurrently enrolled in high school and a postsecondary institution through dual-enrollment programs.
Women Undergraduates Comprised the Majority in All Racial/Ethnic Groups, Fall 2013
Source: Minnesota Office of Higher Education