In addition to its close partnerships with schools and teachers, Get Ready works with community and business partners throughout the state to provide extended services to students. The program collaborates with Minnesota colleges and universities to provide enrichment activities and partners with other educational programs, schools, agencies and summer academic camps to enhance student learning experiences.
Partners are essential to the success of the Get Ready program. Although the program is partially funded through a federal GEAR UP grant, all federal grant funds must be matched dollar-for-dollar either with in-kind matching contributions or monetary contributions. Without partners, we would not be able to operate the Get Ready program.
There are two types of Get Ready partnerships:
- In-kind partners provide non-monetary support to the program. Examples of such support include, but are not limited to:
- providing employee time to work with the Get Ready program staff/students
- space for Get Ready events
- career speakers and tours of businesses
- postsecondary institutional staff to give campus tours for GR students
- audio visual equipment for events
- professional trainings for GR staff and teachers
- tutoring materials
- various types of program supplies and materials
- Monetary partners may be individuals, foundations, businesses, corporations that contribute funds to the Get Ready program to help fund educational/academic activities, materials or other learning opportunities for Get Ready students. A monetary partner may indicate a specific purpose for the funds being contributed.
Becoming a Get Ready Partner
If you have questions or are interested in becoming either an in-kind or monetary partner, please contact:
Mary Lou Dresbach
Get Ready Program Operations Manager
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108
Tel: (651) 259-3919