Contact the School's Placement or Career Counseling Office
Contact the placement or career counseling office if the school has one. Ask to see placement information on the most recent graduating class from the program you might attend. Ask for the names and addresses of employers who have hired recent graduates. Ask counselors:
- How many students who started the program completed it?
- How many students have graduated from the program in which you are interested?
- How many of the graduates obtained employment in their field of study?
- How long after graduation did it take for students to find jobs?
- In what geographic locations were the students hired?
- Is career counseling available?
- What type of help is provided by the placement office when students look for work?