Minnesota high school student college prep activities and college-going rates
College Preparation: PSEO, AP and IB
Minnesota high school students have opportunities to prepare for college by challenging themselves with college-level courses in high school.
For more information on high school student participation in college preparation activities:
College Entrance Exams: ACT and SAT
Most high school students who intend to enroll in a four-year college need to take a college entrance exam. About 70 percent of Minnesota high school seniors take the ACT or SAT college entrance test. Scores on these tests are an indicator of the college readiness of Minnesota's college-bound high school graduates.
More information on high school student college entrance exam scores:
College Participation Rates of Minnesota High School Graduates
College participation rates are defined as the number of high school graduates who enroll in a postsecondary education institution the fall after high school graduation. Minnesota's participation rate provides a glimpse of student behavior in the months following high school graduation.
More information on college-going rates of high school graduates:
College Remediation or Developmental Education
Across all Minnesota colleges and universities, the percent of recent Minnesota public high school graduates who enrolled in developmental education has remained relatively stable at 28 to 30 percent between 2006 and 2011.
Getting Prepared fulfills the legislative mandate regarding developmental education data (Minnesota Statute 13.32, subdivisions 3 and 6). It provides summary information about Minnesota public high school graduates who enrolled in developmental courses within two years of their high school graduation at Minnesota postsecondary institutions.
More information on developmental education of Minnesota public high school graduates:
- Preparing Immigrant Students in Minnesota for Higher Education
- Enrollment Patterns of Students from Low-Income Families
- Minnesota College Readiness Program Inventory
- ACT Scores
- SAT/PSAT Scores
- College Participation Rates
- College-Going Activity: National Student Clearinghouse
- Getting Prepared
- Advanced Placement
- Postsecondary Enrollment/Dual Enrollment
- International Baccalaureate
- College Readiness Programs Offered in Minnesota
Related Information in Minnesota Measures
- College Board
- Minnesota Association of IB World Schools
- College in the Schools at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Progress and Possibilities: Trends in Public High School Student Participation with Minnesota's Dual Credit Programs 2006-2011
- Minnesota Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships
- Ramping up for college readiness in Minnesota high schools: Implementation of a schoolwide program