skip to content
  • Get Ready!
  • SELF Loan
  • SELF Refi
  • Minnesota College Savings Plan
Minnesota Office of Higher Education

Home > School Licensure & Registration > Student Academic Records


Student Academic Records


Licensed and registered schools are to retain student academic records for a minimum of 50 years. Former students in need of copies of records should contact their former school if possible. Closed schools are required to make arrangements to maintain access to student records.

The Office of Higher Education maintains a list of the location of students records from private schools that have closed, changed their names, relocated, or are otherwise difficult to locate or contact. This list includes private proprietary and not-for-profit schools as well as some out-of-state schools that have been licensed or registered with the state of Minnesota and schools which may have been licensed or regulated by other state agencies but used the term College, University, Academy, or Institute in their name.


More Information


Related Pages