MN Academic Exellence Scholarship
Minnesota Academic Excellence Scholarshiphelps students who have demonstrated outstanding ability, achievement, and potential in one of several subjects: English or creative writing, fine arts, foreign language, math, science, or social science.
Who Is Eligible?
High school graduates must be admitted to enroll full-time in a nonsectarian, baccalaureate degree-granting program at:
- The University of Minnesota.
- A Minnesota state university.
- A Minnesota private, baccalaureate degree-granting college or university.
Students MUST enroll during the year of their high school graduation.
How Much Money Can You Get?
The scholarship can be renewed annually for up to three academic years if the student meets certain academic standards.
- At public institutions, the scholarship may cover up to the full price of tuition and fees for one academic year.
- At private institutions, the scholarship may cover either the actual tuition and fees charged by that school, or the tuition and fees in comparable public institutions -- whichever is less.
Implementation of this program depends on availability of funds which come from the sale of special collegiate license plates.
What Is the Application Process?
Contact the institutions you are considering to check if the college participates in the program. The scholarship can be renewed annually for up to three additional academic years if the student continues to meet the program's academic standards.