The Office of Higher Education periodically takes on new projects assigned by the Governor, the Legislature or through the agency's own initiative as needs are identified.
- Educational Attainment Goal 2025: Working to increase the percent of Minnesotans age 25 to 44 who have attained a postsecondary certificate or degree by 2025.
- FAFSA Completion Initiative: The Office of Higher Education (OHE) will be taking part in the FAFSA Completion Initiative effective for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- e-Transcript Initiative: Facilitates the electronic transfer of high school transcripts to colleges and universities throughout the state and nationwide.
- Minnesota P-20 Statewide Longitudinal Educational Data System: The Minnesota Office of Higher Education is a key partner in developing a P-20 student data system for Minnesota to provide educators and policymakers with more comprehensive data about student experiences and performance.
- PIPELINE Project Dual Training Grants: The PIPELINE Project was established by the Minnesota Legislature in 2014 to expand dual training and apprenticeship programs in Minnesota. Additional legislation passed in 2015 created a grant award program to help employers develop dual training programs.