Financial data on undergraduate students for the 2003-2004 academic year using the National Postsecondary Student Aid Survey (NPSAS)
This page provides financial aid statistics for undergraduates enrolled during the 2003-2004 academic year. The data source is the National Postsecondary Student Aid Survey (NPSAS) administered by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). This web site contains information about the NPSAS, graphs and tables produced from the NPSAS data and table parameter files (TPFs) that you can use to create similar graphs and tables for specific states.
The National Postsecondary Student Aid Survey (NPSAS)
The National Postsecondary Student Aid Survey (NPSAS) provides a nationally representative, stratified random sample of undergraduate, graduate and first-professional students attending postsecondary institutions. The survey aims to understand how students and their families finance education. More on the NPSAS...
- Factors Related to Undergraduate Borrowing in Minnesota
- Minnesota Undergraduate Demographics
Characteristics of Postsecondary Students based on a U.S. Department of Education survey, May 2006.
- Minnesota Borrowing Characteristics
PowerPoint presentations of financial aid statistics for undergraduate students
- NPSAS DAS training December 2006 [ .ppt, 1.4 MB ]
- July 2006 presentation for the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) Annual Conference, Undergraduate Finances [ .ppt, 1.2 MB ]
- June 2006 presentation for the Pell Institute's Student Financial Aid Research Network (SFARN) Conference, Understanding Undergraduate Borrowing [ .ppt, 1.2 MB ]
- November 2005 presentation for the Minnesota Association of Financial Aid Administrators (MAFAA) Fall Conference, Statistics about Undergraduate Students in Minnesota [ .ppt, 14.5 MB ]
- October 2005 presentation for the Midwest Association of Financial Aid Administrators (MASFAA) 2005 Conference, Finances of Undergraduate Students in the Midwest [ .ppt, 752 k ]
- Demographic and Financial Aid Data for the U.S. and Minnesota
- Student Budgets and Net Prices in the U.S.
- Student Budgets and Net Prices for In-state Students
- Cumulative Borrowing by Graduating Seniors
- Cumulative Borrowing Across the States
- Undergraduates Who Did Not Apply for Aid
- The National Postsecondary Student Aid Survey (NPSAS)
- Create Your Own Tables Using DAS
- State-specific Undergraduate Information from the NPSAS 2004
- First-generation College Students More Likely to Be Older, Independent, and Attending Part Time
- Insight: Student Borrowing Increases - Most Growth Among Higher-Income Families
- Nontraditional Students: An emerging segment of Minnesota's undergraduate population
- Research, Data & Reports
- Student Employees: The majority of undergraduates work while enrolled in school