Schools interested in participating must devote time and space during the school day for college exploration activities - including support for seniors to complete college applications. Assistance and encouragement for students and their families will be provided by high school staff and volunteers from colleges and the community. The College Knowledge Month steering committee will provide resources, materials, support and training for registered sites to assist with their programming.
Registration for 2013 College Knowledge Month has now closed. Hope you will join us next year!
- Site Coordinator Resource Guide - This guide is meant to be a primary resource to you as you plan, promote and implement your College Knowledge Month activities.
- Training Webinar, 45 mins
- Training Session - Friday, September 20 - 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Carlson School of Management, West Bank, University of MN, Room L-110. (Click here for room location, driving directions and parking information.)
In addition to resources and expectations for site coordinators, this session will include a panel presentation and idea sharing. CEUs will be available. Register here.
- Lesson Plans used in Training
- Site Coordinator Survey
This is a list of downloadable/customizable tools and links from the Site Coordinator Resource Guide.
Planning Your Events
Recruiting and Organizing Volunteers
- c. Volunteer or Donation Request Letter (Template)
- d. An Overview for Teachers, Staff, Volunteers and Community Members
- e. Volunteer Reference Guide (Template)
- f. Volunteer Thank You Letter (Template)
Promoting the Month
- g. Press Release (Template)
- h. Follow-up Press Release (Template)
- i. Student/Family Letter (Template)
- j. College Knowledge Month (Flyer)
Working with Students
- k. Student Sign-In Sheet
- l. NACAC Request for Admission Application Fee Waiver | NACAC Eligibility and FAQs
- m. Application Fees and Fee Waiver Information for Minnesota Schools [revised 9/26]
- n. An Overview of the College Process for Minnesota Undocumented Students
- Visit the Student Page for additional student resources
- College Knowledge Month Home
- Site Coordinator Frequently Asked Questions
- Presentation from MACAC Spring Conference [.ppt]
- College Readiness Resources for Teachers, Counselors, and Administrators
- 2012 Summary Report: Minnesota College Application Week
- Registration to Host a MN College Goal FAFSA