At the very minimum, schools interested in participating must devote time and space during the school day for college exploration activities - including support for seniors to complete college applications. College access programs that work within schools or districts can also participate - and continue to provide services when your program dictates. These programs include but are not limited to College Possible, TRIO programs, Get Ready, AVID, etc.
Assistance and encouragement for students and their families will be provided by high school and/or college access staff and volunteers from colleges and the community. The College Knowledge Month steering committee will provide resources, materials, support and training for registered sites to assist with their programming.
Registration for 2014 is now open!
Site Coordinator Support and Training
- 2013 Site Coordinator Resource Guide - This guide is meant to be a primary resource to you as you plan, promote and implement your College Knowledge Month activities. 2014 updates will be available in August.
- Training Sessions
- Site Coordinator Forum - Join this forum to receive current announcements, post your CKM-related questions, or share resources and ideas among other site coordinators throughout the state.
This is a list of downloadable/customizable tools and links from the Site Coordinator Resource Guide.
Planning Your Events
Recruiting and Organizing Volunteers
- c. Volunteer or Donation Request Letter (Template)
- d. An Overview for Teachers, Staff, Volunteers and Community Members
- e. Volunteer Reference Guide (Template)
- f. Volunteer Thank You Letter (Template)
Promoting the Month
- g. Press Release (Template)
- h. Follow-up Press Release (Template)
- i. Student/Family Letter (Template)
- j. College Knowledge Month (Flyer)
Working with Students
- k. Student Sign-In Sheet
- l. NACAC Request for Admission Application Fee Waiver | NACAC Eligibility and FAQs
- m. Application Fees and Fee Waiver Information for Minnesota Schools [revised 9/26]
- n. An Overview of the College Process for Minnesota Undocumented Students
- Visit the Student Page for additional student resources
- College Knowledge Month Home
- Site Coordinator Frequently Asked Questions
- Presentation from MACAC Spring Conference [.ppt]
- College Readiness Resources for Teachers, Counselors, and Administrators
- 2012 Summary Report: Minnesota College Application Week
- Registration to Host a MN College Goal FAFSA