Minnesota's need-based grant program for undergraduates
The Minnesota State Grant Program is the state's largest financial aid program providing need-based grant assistance to Minnesota undergraduates. In fiscal year 2013 (academic year 2012-2013) the Minnesota State Grant Program awarded $161 million to 99,440 grant recipients.
The latest annual program statistics are available in the End-of-Year report.
For historical statistics on the total State Grant and Pell Grant awards to Minnesota undergraduates, see the following table.
- Minnesota State Grant and Federal Pell Grant Spending, Fiscal Years 1978-2013: A table containing the number of Minnesota State Grant recipients and the amount awarded for each year.
The Minnesota State Grant Program Parameters table lists the variables used in calculating Minnesota State Grants for each fiscal year from 1984 through the present.
Average Combined Federal Pell and Minnesota State Grant Award Received by State Grant Recipients, Fiscal Year 2013
- Minnesota State Grant Review (2008)
- Postsecondary Education Persistence Study
- Financial Aid Tuition Cap Study
- Impact of Changes in Minnesota State Grants Implemented in Fiscal Year 2004
- Summer Transition Grant Evaluation Reports