If you are enrolling in school to prepare for a job in a particular occupation, you should contact potential employers and ask:
- What knowledge, skills and abilities are needed?
- Is there a specific degree or training expected for an entry-level position?
- Is licensure, certification or a special test required before employment?
- Do you contact certain institutions when recruiting new employees?
- What do you think of this school?
- Have you hired graduates from this school?
- Were you satisfied with graduates you hired from this school?
If you plan to attend school to advance your career with your current employer, you should also ask:
- Is this program a good choice for professional development?
- Will tuition paid to this school qualify for employer-paid tuition reimbursement?