Intervention for College Attendance Grants
Increasing the access and success of groups traditionally underrepresented in higher education
The Office of Higher Education administers the Intervention for College Attendance Grant Program to foster postsecondary attendance and retention by providing outreach services to historically underserved students in grades six through 12 and historically underrepresented college students.
The Minnesota Legislature established the Intervention for College Attendance Grant Program in 2001. The 2015 Legislature provided $621,000 each year of the 2016-2017 biennium to support grants.
Funded projects must focus on increasing high school graduation, college participation and college success rates of students served by grant recipients. The focus of the program has been on continuity of program services.
The 24 continuation grant recipients for the 2016-2017 biennium are:
- DREAM Project - Daring to Realize Excellence and Academic Motivation, The College of St. Scholastica
- Maadaadizi (Start a Journey) Program, Saint Paul Public Schools
- Breakthrough Twin Cities
- Rice County College Access and Academic Outreach Program, Carleton College
- Girls Getting Ahead in Leadership (GGAL) Program, Women's Initiative for Self Empowerment (WISE), Inc.
- Learning Connections: Increasing Academic and Transition Skills for Post-Secondary Success, Learning Disabilities Association, Inc.
- Tackling Obstacles, Raising College Hopes (TORCH), Northfield Public Schools
- Promoting Academic Success for Underrepresented Students, St. Cloud State University
- Project ELY (Empowerment through Learning for Youth), Ely Community Resource, Inc.
- Concordia University's and St. Paul Central High School's AVID and AVID AAMI College Preparation Partnership for Historically Underrepresented College Students
- An ACT/SAT Course for At-Risk Students, Regents of the University of Minnesota
- Enter University (EU), Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Project Scholar, SouthWest Metro Educational Cooperative
- Transitioning and Retaining Underserved Students through the Power of YOU, Saint Paul College
- Bemidji State University Upward Bound/Intervention for College Attendance Project
- Intensive ACT College Prep Program (ICAPP), Dakota County Technical College
- Navigate to Graduate, Riverland Community College
- Native Academy Connections (NAC), MIGIZI Communications, Inc.
- AGILE College Readiness Project, Minnesota African Women's Association
- MUL Future Work$: An Intervention for College Attendance Program
- Upward & Onward Part II - Improving College Access for Hispanic/Mexican Students in District 112, Eastern Carver County Schools
- Pathways Project, Emerge Community Development
- ASPIRE! College Readiness, Banyan Community
- Furthering Achievement Through a Network of Success (FANS), Pillsbury United Communities