Private career schools are licensed under the Minnesota Private Career School Act (Minnesota Statutes Chapter 141) if they:
Licensure is not the same as accreditation. Some licensed institutions also are accredited by national or regional accrediting bodies.
Licensure and accreditation do not assure that credits earned can be transferred to other institutions or that the quality of education would meet the standards of every student, educational institution or employer.
Only institutions licensed by the Office of Higher Education are shown below. Other Minnesota schools and colleges are not subject to licensure, including
- Institutions regulated under Private Institution Registration
- Seminaries and other religious institutions
- Schools licensed by other state agencies
- Public institutions--University of Minnesota and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Other training programs exempted in law
Need more information about a school listed below? Contact the school directly.
Click on the institution name for contact information.