Postsecondary institutions registered under the Degree Granting Institutional Registration Statute (Minnesota Statutes 136A.61 - 136A.71) are:
Registered institutions must have approval:
- To grant degrees for programs offered in Minnesota, and
- To use the terms "academy", "institute", "college", and "university" in their names.
Registration and approval are not the same as accreditation. Many registered or approved institutions also are accredited by national or regional accrediting bodies.
Registration and approval do not assure that credits earned can be transferred to other institutions or that the quality of education would meet the standards of every student, educational institution or employer.
Only registered institutions are shown below. Other Minnesota schools and colleges are not subject to registration, including
- Private career schools licensed by the Office of Higher Education
- Seminaries and other religious institutions
- Schools licensed by other state agencies
- Public institutions--University of Minnesota and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Other training programs exempted in law
The institutions marked online only offer all degrees and/or non-degree programs exclusively online.
Need more information about a school listed below? Contact the school directly.
Click on the institution name for contact information.