- Achieve Scholarship Spending on Expanding Access to Rigorous High School Courses
- Intervention for College Attendance Program
- Increasing Student Awareness of the FAFSA
- Student Loan Default Rates in Minnesota
- Financial Aid Incentives for Workforce Development
- Financial Aid Tuition Cap Study
- Undergraduate Borrowing
- Impact of the Update to the Federal Needs Analysis on Minnesota Students
- Financial Aid Awarded to Undergraduates Attending Minnesota Institutions
- Minnesota State Grant Spending Projections
- Minnesota State Grant Program End-of-Year Statistics
- Minnesota State Grant Review
- Minnesota Achieve Scholarship Program Evaluation
- Tuition Reciprocity Data Overview
- State Financial Aid Program Fund Balances
- Impact of Changes in Minnesota State Grants Implemented in Fiscal Year 2004
- Summer Transition Grant Program Evaluation
- Basic Enrollment Data Series
- Preliminary Enrollment Headcount
- Enrollment Patterns of Students from Low-Income Families
- Insight Newsletters
- Textbook Information Requirements
- Interest Rate Protection Agreement
- Recommendations to Revise the Regulation of Private Postsecondary Institutions
- Reducing Students' Textbook Costs
- Alternative Formats for Student Instructional Materials
- Task Force to Study the Implementation of Higher Education Funding Policy
- Student Rights and Responsibilities at Graduate For-Profit Colleges and Universities in Minnesota
- For-Profit Postsecondary Institutions: A Review of Selected Institutions in Minnesota for Undergraduates
Minnesota Measures: Report on Higher Education Performance (2007-present)
Reports on the development of a higher education accountability system to help policy-makers and taxpayers gauge the effectiveness of the higher education sector in meeting state goals.
College Readiness & Participation
Achieve Scholarship Spending on Expanding Access to Rigorous High School Courses
Briefly describes the activities at the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities and the University of Minnesota to expand access to rigorous courses and provide courses for college credit to high school students. (release date: February 2009)
Intervention for College Attendance Program Reports
Provide information on the outcomes of the Intervention for College Attendance Program, which awards competitive grants to postsecondary institutions, professional organizations and community-based organizations.
- 2011-2012 Report (release date: January 2013)
- 2009-2010 Report (release date: January 2011)
- 2007-2008 Report (release date: January 2009)
Degrees & Graduation Rates
Postsecondary Education Persistence Study
Analyzes participation in postsecondary education by income and the persistence and graduation rates of State Grant recipients compared to students who did not receive State Grants. (release date: January 2008)
Minnesota Undergraduate Demographics
Characteristics of Postsecondary Students based on a U.S. Dept. of Education survey (release date: May 2006)
Financial Aid — General
Increasing Student Awareness of the FAFSA
A report to the Legislature on the policies and procedures adopted by institutions to increase student awareness of the need to complete a FAFSA application. (release date: March 2011)
Financial Aid Incentives for Workforce Development
Examines existing financial aid programs that provide loans and grants to students, and the workforce needs in occupations that are currently in demand or are projected to be in demand in the future. (release date: February 2008)
Financial Aid Tuition Cap Study
Examines tuition levels and program offerings, student debt load, financial assistance and the impact of the tuition and fee maximum set in law relative to the Minnesota State Grant Program and any relationship between the maximums and tuition levels. (release date: November 2006)
Provides background information and trends in undergraduate borrowing. (release date: February 2006)
Impact of the Update to the Federal Needs Analysis on Minnesota Students
Estimates the aggregate projected impact of changes to the Federal Needs Analysis on Minnesota residents. (release date: January 2005)
State Financial Aid Programs
Financial Aid Awarded to Undergraduates Attending Minnesota Institutions (1999-present)
Presents information on financial resources provided to undergraduates at Minnesota postsecondary institutions.
Minnesota State Grant Spending Projections (2003-present)
Projections of Minnesota State Grant Spending by fiscal year.
Minnesota State Grant Program End-of-Year Statistics (1997-present)
Reports on the number and dollar amounts of Minnesota State Grants received by Minnesota undergraduates.
Minnesota State Grant Review (2006-present)
The purpose of this report is to examine how Minnesota State Grants have responded to changing marketplace conditions and how the program is addressing the contemporary needs of Minnesota students.
Minnesota Achieve Scholarship Program Evaluation (2009-present)
Evaluates the individuals participating in the Minnesota Achieve Scholarship Program.
Tuition Reciprocity Data Overview, (2006-present)
Reports on tuition reciprocity enrollments, interstate payments and tuition rates.
State Financial Aid Program Fund Balances (2001-2007)
Reports on the current fund expenditures for the state financial aid programs.
Impact of Changes in Minnesota State Grants Implemented in Fiscal Year 2004
Outlines the estimated impact of recent changes made to the Minnesota State Grant Program on students. (release date: January 2005)
Summer Transition Grant Program Evaluation
Reports to the Legislature evaluating the Summer Transition Grant Program.
Basic Enrollment Data Series (1996-present)
Annual report with basic enrollment data for each postsecondary institution.
Preliminary Enrollment Headcount
Preliminary enrollment statistics based on a verbal headcount figure.
Enrollment Patterns of Students from Low-Income Families
A report about postsecondary students in Minnesota who are from lower income families that explores the postsecondary education challenges these students may encounter compared to students who are not low income. (release date: Fall 2008)
Insight Newsletters (1995-present)
Four-page newsletters focusing on student enrollments and characteristics topics.
- Minnesota High School Graduate Numbers Peaked Last Year
- A Look at College Transfer
- Graduation Rates Inching Up at Some Minnesota Colleges
- Minnesota's 2008 High School Graduates Enrolled in College at Record Rates
- Women Continue to Outnumber Men in College at All Levels
- Nontraditional students: An emerging segment of Minnesota's undergraduate population
Textbook Information Requirements
Produced in response to legislation passed during the 2009 Minnesota legislative session requiring the Minnesota Office of Higher Education to report on the "implementation of textbook information requirements under United States Code, Title 20, section 1015b, effective July 1, 2010." (release date: January 2010)
Interest Rate Protection Agreement
Reports on the progress of the Minnesota Office of Higher Education to enter into interest rate exchange or swap agreements, hedges, forward purchase or sale agreements, or other comparable interest rate protection agreements with a third party. (release date: January 2009)
Recommendations to Revise the Regulation of Private Postsecondary Institutions
The purpose of this report is to summarize the Minnesota Office of Higher Education's work to develop recommendations to revise the regulation of private postsecondary institutions in Minnesota and public postsecondary institutions located outside of Minnesota that offer instruction to residents in Minnesota pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Chapter 141 and Minnesota Statutes section 136A.61 to 136A.71. (release date: February 2006)
Alternative Formats for Student Instructional Materials
This report explores the idea of a network or national system to coordinate students' requests for postsecondary instructional material in alternative formats. (release date: January 2007)
Task Force to Study the Implementation of Higher Education Funding Policy
The 2005 Minnesota Legislature instructed the Minnesota Office of Higher Education to study the current postsecondary funding policy under Minnesota Statutes, sections 135A.01 to 135A.034 and to make specific recommendations regarding the enrollment adjustment. (release date: January 2006)
Student Rights and Responsibilities at Graduate For-Profit Colleges and Universities in Minnesota
The Office of Higher Education (OHE) was directed by the Minnesota State Legislature to report on graduate for-profit colleges and universities regarding graduate student rights and responsibilities. (release date: January 2013)
For-Profit Postsecondary Institutions: A Review of Selected Institutions in Minnesota for Undergraduates
For-Profit Postsecondary Institutions [optimized for grayscale printing]
For-Profit Postsecondary Institutions seeks to understand how undergraduates fare at Minnesota for-profit institutions when compared to both national for-profit institutions and Minnesota public and private not-for-profit institutions. (release date: May 2013)