Minnesota Aviation Degree Loan Repayment Program
The Minnesota Aviation Degree Loan Repayment Program was established to provide student loan repayment assistance to eligible pilots and aircraft technicians residing in Minnesota.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
To qualify for this program, an applicant must:
- Earn an associate's or bachelor's degree from a Minnesota institution;
- Be a qualified pilot or aircraft technician;
- Qualified Pilot: An individual who: (1) Earned an associate's or bachelor's degree in professional flight training from a postsecondary instutition located in Minnesota; and (2) Is in the process of obtaining or has obtained an airline transport pilot certificate.
- Qualified Aircraft Technician: An individual who has: (1) Earned an associate's or bachelor's degree from a postsecondary institution located in Minnesota; and (2) has obtained an aviation mechanic's certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Reside in Minnesota
- Have outstanding qualified educational loan debt that was originally borrowed for educational costs at a Minnesota institution for a professional aviation degree.
What is the Application Process?
The 2023 application is now available HERE until October 31st.
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be notified if selected for application review. Those applicants must provide additional documentation to verify the information on the application.
What if You are Selected for an Award?
An applicant selected to receive an award must sign a contract agreeing to serve a five-year full-time service obligation in Minnesota.
How Much Money Can You Get?
Annual awards are up to $3,000 for aircraft technicians and up to $5,000 for pilots in loan repayment assistance. Awardees are limited to receiving the award for up to 5 years.
Who do I Contact with Questions?
Students should contact the Office of Higher Education at (800) 657-3866 (option 2)