Affordable education in other states, because you live in Minnesota
Complete this online application if you are a Minnesota resident and are attending a public college or university in:
- Wisconsin (UW campuses only) or
- North Dakota.
The online application is the easiest way to apply for reciprocity benefits. Paper applications are also available.
Stop! This application is not applicable if you are a Minnesota resident and enrolled in:
- A distance education program at a college in a neighboring reciprocity state while remaining in Minnesota.
- A state college or university in South Dakota. South Dakota will determine your eligibility for reciprocity benefits determined by the campus you attend.
- A public technical college in South Dakota or Wisconsin. You need to apply directly to the technical college for tuition reciprocity benefits because those colleges do not use this web-based application.
- Manitoba, Iowa or any of the states participating in the Midwestern Student Exchange Program (MSEP)--Kansas, Michigan, Missouri or Nebraska. You should apply directly to the college for reduced tuition benefits because those colleges do not use this web-based application.
- A program charging the same tuition rate to all students regardless of state of residence.
- A private college. They do NOT participate in the tuition reciprocity program because they do not charge non-resident tuition rates.