At the MnSCU Workforce meeting in Stacy, MN on Monday, the owner of a manufacturing operation was lamenting the lack of "soft skills" among some of his workers.
He went so far as to outline his "Ten Commandments for Career Success", as follows:
1. Be Positive - Attitude is everything
2. Show Up - On time, every day, reliably
3. Work Hard - Earn your keep, get something done
4. Get Along - Play together nice in the sandbox
5. Pay it Forward - Do more than is expected today, and you will
receive more than you expected.
6. Be Flexible - Willingly take on different tasks
7. Figure It Out - Be a problem solver, not a problem asker
8. Join the Club - Be proud to be part of your organization
9. No Whining - Communicate positively and well, don't be high maintenance
10. Keep Learning - If you don't keep up, you will become obsolete
Good advice for everyone!
posted by Sandy Connolly 5/3/2012 at 10:06 AM