Resources and documents needed for:
- postsecondary campus staff administering student financial aid programs and reporting student data to the Office of Higher Education
- high school college counselors working to prepare students for college.
Collecting Data from Minnesota Postsecondary Institutions
To carry out legislatively assigned duties, the Minnesota Office of Higher Education collects a variety of data from postsecondary education institutions operating in Minnesota. The Office of Higher Education is an educational authority under 34 C.F.R. § 99.31(a)(3)(iv) and is authorized by State and Federal laws to access education records in order to conduct audits or evaluations of federal or state-supported education programs, including compliance and enforcement activities, under 34 C.F.R § 99.35(a).
The Office of Higher Education acknowledges that all education records collected, received, stored, used, maintained and provided are subject to applicable privacy laws, including the federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Minnesota Government Data Privacy Act.
In addition, the Office of Higher Education uses data collected by the U.S. Department of Education provided to it by Minnesota postsecondary education institutions through the IPEDS surveys.
- Campus Financial Aid Administrator Resources
- Attending the Statewide Financial Aid Conference
- Campus Student Enrollment Reporting Resources
- Ordering Materials for Your Students
- Supplementing Your College Counseling
- Early Awareness Efforts
- Shared Library Resources
- FAFSA Completion Initiative
- Minnesota's E-Transcript Initiative