The Minnesota Office of Higher Education is pleased to announce the 2013 Summer Academic Enrichment Program! This program is made possible by the Federal College Access Challenge Grant Program.
The Summer Academic Enrichment program will provide stipends on a first-come, first-serve basis, to cover all or a portion of the direct cost for students in grades 3-11 to attend eligible summer academic enrichment programs during the summer of 2013.
Who is eligible?
- If you are a MN resident attending an eligible summer enrichment program, and
- You are eligible for free or reduced priced lunches*, and
- You are currently in grades 3-11, and
- If you are in grades 7-11 you must either have an overall "C" average or its equivalent for the most recently recorded academic term in the subject area applicable to the summer program you wish to attend*, and
- Funds are still available.
Amount of stipend?
The Summer Enrichment stipend will cover the cost of the summer program up to a maximum amount of $1,000. Students will only be able to receive one stipend.
What is the deadline date?
The deadline date is established by the summer program until all funds have been awarded out to students.
How will I know if I was approved?
The summer program will notify you of your eligibility for an award from the Summer Academic Enrichment Program.
What is the Application Process?
You must apply directly to the eligible summer program. The summer program will complete the online application for a stipend from the Summer Academic Enrichment Program. Funds will be processed and will go directly to the eligible summer program.
You will need to provide the summer program with documentation from a school official that you are eligible for free or reduced price lunches. And if you are in grades 7-11 you will need to provide the summer program with documentation that you have either an overall "C" average or its equivalent for the most recently recorded academic term in the subject area applicable to the summer program you wish to attend.