Applying to college is the result of careful exploration and planning. Use the October Planning Calendar as a guide during College Knowledge Month or anytime as you prepare your college applications! The resources below can help you with each step of the process.
Investigate programs and majors. Narrow down your college search by talking to college representatives and taking virtual campus tours. Find a good fit based on your academic and personal goals.
Helpful websites for College and Career Exploration
- Big Future
- Office of Higher Education - Choosing a College
- Minnesota College Planner (mobile app)
- Minnesota College Fairs
- Ready Set Go MN
Other exploration tools that might be at your school
- Naviance Family Connection, MCIS or GPS LifePlan
Get organized! Start gathering the documents you need to complete applications like your transcript, recommendation letters, personal statement and application fees (or fee waivers). Review your academic record and discuss your plans with your parents.
- Applying to College: R U Ready?
- Senior Information for Applications
- How to Get a Great Letter of Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation Request
- Essay Writing Tips
- Other Essay Resources
- College Comparison Worksheet
Work on submitting your applications and following up to make sure they are complete! Start learning about financial aid and scholarship options.
Helpful websites for Financial Aid and Scholarship Information