The Office of Higher Education periodically takes on new projects assigned by the Governor, the Legislature or through the agency's own initiative as needs are identified.
- e-Transcript Initiative: Facilitates the electronic transfer of high school transcripts to colleges and universities throughout the state and nationwide.
- Minnesota P-20 Statewide Longitudinal Educational Data System: The Minnesota Office of Higher Education is a key partner in developing a P-20 student data system for Minnesota to provide educators and policymakers with more comprehensive data about student experiences and performance.
- Minnesota Tuning Project: Aligns students' mastery of specific degree learning objectives to workplace relevance.
- Teacher Education Report: The Minnesota Legislature asked the Office of Higher Education and the Minnesota Department of Education to conduct a study on teacher education in Minnesota.
- Reducing Textbook Costs : The Minnesota Office of Higher Education has a legislative mandate to produce a report on student information about textbook costs and monitor the implementation of federal textbook legislation on disclosure of textbook pricing and other information to students that is included in the Higher Education Opportunity Act Public Law 110-315.