Minnesota has ongoing reciprocity agreements with Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, one institution in Iowa, and the Canadian province of Manitoba. The agreements reduce non-resident tuition prices and eliminate non-resident admissions barriers for residents of each state who attend a public institution in the other state.
This section has information on:
- Headcount enrollments under the tuition reciprocity agreements with North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- Payments by Minnesota to balance the financial obligations of each state at the end of the year, as called for in the agreements with North Dakota and Wisconsin
Student wishing to apply for tuition reciprocity should visit the Office of Higher Education's site for students and parents.
Reciprocity Training Materials
- Minnesota / North Dakota Tuition Reciprocity, Fall Headcount Enrollment
- Minnesota / South Dakota Tuition Reciprocity, Fall Headcount Enrollment
- Minnesota / Wisconsin Tuition Reciprocity Headcount Enrollment
- Interstate Reciprocity Payments, Academic Years 1975-76 to 2011-12