The Office of Higher Education administers several state student financial aid programs that provide grants, loans, and work opportunities for postsecondary education students. For each financial aid program at left, you will find program criteria, statutes governing the program, and agency rules used to administer the program.
For current information on state financial aid program spending and trends, visit Financial Aid Data.
The Office of Higher Education annually updates a manual for financial aid administrators. You may print the entire manual, or only the chapters you need.
- Cover Letter [8/16/2012]
- Cover Letter [7/31/2012]
- Cover Letter [7/23/2012]
- Full State Financial Aid Manual (5.7 MB)
- Introduction (504 k)
- Common Definitions (124 k)
- GI Bill Program (207 k)
- Indian Scholarship Program (289 k)
- Minnesota State Grant Program (2.4 MB)
- State Work Study Program (388 k)
- Postsecondary Child Care Grant Program (814 k)
- Public Safety Officer Survivor Grant Program (496 k)
State Financial Aid Manuals - Prior Years
- 2011-2012 Financial Aid Manual (5.1 MB)
- 2010-2011 Financial Aid Manual (10.7 MB)
- 2009-2010 Financial Aid Manual (5.9 MB)
- 2008-2009 Financial Aid Manual (5.6 MB)
- 2007-2008 Financial Aid Manual (4.9 MB)
- 2006-2007 Financial Aid Manual (3.5 MB)
- 2005-2006 Financial Aid Manual (3.8 MB)
- 2004-2005 Financial Aid Manual (4.6 MB)
Training Tool for Financial Aid Administrators
Developed and supported by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA), CORE In-Service Curriculum offers online courses for NASFAA members to help new and current aid administrators keep pace with ever-changing regulations, laws, private donor restrictions, and technology.
The U.S. Department of Education also offers an online financial aid training module called FSA Coach.
- Financial Aid Estimator for Aid Administrators
- Program Forms, Spreadsheets & Instructions
- Minnesota State Grant Program Administration
- SELF Loan Administration
- Minnesota State Work Study Program Administration
- Postsecondary Child Care Grant Program Administration
- Minnesota Achieve Scholarship Administration
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program Administration
- Minnesota GI Bill Program Administration
- Public Safety Officer's Survivor Grant Administration
- Summer Transition to College Programs