The Office of Higher Education administers several state and federal programs with statewide impacts:
- Intervention for College Attendance Grants encourage and support efforts by postsecondary institutions and community agencies to enhance and/or expand pre-college awareness or intervention programs for low-income students.
- Improving Teacher Quality State Grants support and help shape state and local activities that aim to improve teacher quality and increase the number of highly qualified teachers and principals.
- Concurrent Enrollment Grants for development of new concurrent enrollment courses and expansion of existing concurrent enrollment programs.
- Spinal Cord Injury and Traumatic Brain Injury Research Grants for research into new and innovative treatments and rehabilitative efforts for functional improvement of people with spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries.
- Equity in Education and Job Connection Grants for research into improving outcomes for historically underrepresented college students in attendance, retention, completion, and the obtaining of gainful employment after graduation.