Information for National American University
April 19, 2019
National American University has informed the Minnesota Office of Higher Education that it is terminating operations at the Roseville, Minnesota location on April 21, 2019.
It is National American University's intention to have all students previously associated with that location to either: (1)continue their National American University program by participating in online courses delivered through National American University's campus in Rapid City, South Dakota; or (2) have transferred to a comparable program offered by Rasmussen College or another institution; or (3) have withdrawn from National American University.
Students have a choice on whether to transfer to National American University -Rapid City, transfer to Rasmussen College, or to apply for federal closed school discharge. In the event that you are not able to complete your program, you may be able to apply for a Federal Student Aid closed school discharge of your loan. More information about the discharge criteria, process, and application can be found here.
You may be eligible for a discharge of your federal loans if:
- You were enrolled when your school closed;
- You were on an approved leave of absence when your school closed; or
- Your school closed within 120 days after you withdrew.
You are not eligible for a discharge of your loans if:
- You withdrew more than 120 days before the school closed;
- You are completing a comparable educational program at another school through a teach-out, by transferring academic credits or hours earned at the closed school to another school, or by any other comparable means;
- You completed all of the coursework for the program before the school closed, even if you did not receive a diploma or certificate.